FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) - The brother of New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins has been arrested and charged with manslaughter in the death of a 25-year-man whose body was found in the NFL player's New Jersey home.
The Bergen County prosecutor's office says 34-year-old William H. Jenkins, of Fair Lawn, was arrested Tuesday and charged Wednesday with aggravated manslaughter in the death of Roosevelt Rene, whose body was discovered Tuesday.
Acting Prosecutor Dennis Calo said Wednesday that William Jenkins is in custody in the Ontario County Jail in New York State. The investigation is ongoing.
Janoris Jenkins' home is about 10 miles (16 kilometers) north of MetLife Stadium. Property records show Janoris Jenkins has lived at the house the last two years.
- Former UNA player's brother charged in death investigation
- Former UNA football player indicted on murder charge
- UNA basketball players receive top honors
- UNA football player earns academic award
- Police investigating child's death
- Death Investigation in Triana
- Bail not lowered for former UNA football player
- Man in Alabama charged with murder in brother-in-law's death
- UNA officer cleared of all charges
- Inmate's younger brother gets 35 years in Holly Bobo death