A former officer with the Rainsville Police Department, John Casey Jones, was arrested Thursday evening by agents with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation on a second degree theft of a controlled substance charge. He's accused of stealing Hydrocodone, according the arrest warrant that was issued.
On October 28, the Rainsville Police Chief Kevin Smith received a formal complaint against John Casey Jones. After reviewing the complaint, Smith contacted the Alabama Bureau of Investigation with a request for a third-party formal investigation.
Jones was released approximately an hour after his arrest after posting a $7,500 bond.
- Former Rainsville Police officer arrested for theft
- Rainsville sports complex getting new security enhancements
- Man arrested for theft
- Work begins next week to replace Rainsville bridge
- Rainsville Fire and Rescue save man from house fire
- Huntsville, Rainsville companies receive trade awards from Gov. Kay Ivey
- Repairs on the way for damaged bridge in Rainsville
- Rainsville City Council looking at raising first responders' wages
- Rainsville police seek person who tried to help fatal crash victim
- Police Arrested Suspect Who Injured Police Officer