A former NASA astronaut, Duane Carey, paid a visit to Monrovia Middle School students on Thursday.
Madison County Schools says the shuttle astronaut, known as Digger, talked to the students about doing their best early on. According to the district, Digger explained to students that he didn't do well in school and almost dropped out.
The district says Digger told the students he stayed the course, went to college and became a fighter pilot and, eventually, an astronaut.
Video is courtesy of Madison County Schools
- Former NASA astronaut visits Monrovia Middle School
- Monrovia Middle School receives STEM kit, cash donation
- Monrovia Middle School scholars' bowl team places in national competition
- Clorox donates cleaning supplies to Monrovia Middle School
- Athens High principal resigns for Monrovia Middle School post
- NASA administrators visit Arab High School
- Late night chimney fire displaces Monrovia family
- Monrovia couple moving forward after house fire
- Monrovia Elementary Students Facetime with Holocaust Survivor
- NASA wants to land astronauts on Mars by 2033