A former Madison County Sheriff's Office investigator pleaded guilty to a second degree sex abuse charge.
Roland Campos, 64-years-old, will serve one year of supervised probation in Madison County. The victim in the case was between the ages of 12 and 16, according to an indictment.
The second degree sex abuse charge is a misdemeanor and carries up to one year in jail or a fine up to $6,000.
Campos must also comply with the Alabama Sex Offender Notification and Registration Act.
He is also ordered to pay $100 to the Alabama Crime Victim Compensation Act and a $175 bail bond fee.
A grand jury indicted Campos in January, according to court documents.
The incident allegedly happened in February 2017 and was reported at the victim's school in August, police said.
Campos resigned from his job at the sheriff's office the same day he was arrested.
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Investigator pleads guilty to sex abuse charge
- Gymnastics doctor pleads guilty to sex charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Madison County sheriff charges man with child sexual abuse
- Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating overnight shooting
- Madison County Sheriff's Office lead investigator retires
- HIV-positive former school aide pleads guilty to sex abuse charges
- Ex Madison County school resource officer pleads guilty to sodomy, student sex
- Feds: Madison County doctor pleads guilty to 64 counts, traded pills for sex and money
- Lauderdale Co. investigators arrest man on child sex abuse charges