TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey has been arrested on a charge of stealing a phone charging cord from an Uber driver.
Court records show the former Alabama player was arrested Thursday on a third-degree robbery charge in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
The 21-year-old Humphrey is free on bond after being held briefly.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that records show an Uber driver claimed Humphrey borrowed a $15 charger on a pre-dawn ride to a campus hotel on Jan. 13 but refused to return it.
A charging document says Humphrey elbowed the driver and balled up a fist.
A Ravens statement says Humphrey told the team there was a misunderstanding over a phone charger he thought was his.
An attorney representing Humphrey didn't immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/25/2018 2:56:04 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Former Alabama player Marlon Humphrey accused of stealing phone charger
- Charger Hockey hits home ice
- Lady Chargers fall 65-62 in home opener
- Alabama farmer accused of stealing money from Federal Government
- Man arrested after stealing phone from AT&T store
- Athens woman accused of stealing $130K from Strain & Sons Nursery
- Florence man accused of stealing from Decatur Kay Jewelers location
- Decatur Police arrest man accused of stealing from Lowe's
- Alabama, Auburn land handful of players on All-SEC teams
- Former Green Bay Packers player shot to death in Alabama