SPRINGVILLE, Ala. (AP) - A former Alabama prison officer is charged in an alleged sexual assault near Atlanta.
The Alabama Department of Corrections says 48-year-old Matthew Lee Moore is charged with aggravated sodomy, assault with the intent to commit rape and false imprisonment in Fulton County, Georgia.
Moore worked at St. Clair prison east of Birmingham since 2001. A statement from the system released Monday says Moore quit when he was arrested on March 30.
The agency says Moore was investigated for an alleged assault at a hotel in Sandy Springs, Georgia. It was reported to authorities in November 2015.
Alabama prison officials arrested the man on a warrant from Georgia. He was taken to a county jail to await extradition to Georgia.
Court records aren't available to show whether Moore has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Alabama officer arrested on Georgia charge
- 3 Alabama prison officers arrested
- Date rape drug found, 2 Alabama women arrested in Georgia
- Alabama Men's Basketball falls to Georgia State
- Georgia murder suspect spotted in Alabama
- Hoover mall shooting suspect arrested in Georgia
- 2 Georgia men charged in death of man found in Alabama creek
- DeKalb County kidnapping suspect arrested in Georgia, extradited to North Alabama
- North Alabama robbery suspect arrested in Georgia extradited to Lawrence County
- DeKalb County sheriff: Suspect wanted in multiple counties arrested after chase in Alabama, Georgia