A crane has fallen in the water at Waterfront Marina and Dry Storage off of Florence Boulevard/ hwy 72 near Shoals Creek Bridge, according to Killen police.
Police said the forklift operator was trying to get a boat out of the water when the vehicle fell in. He was able to escape but had a minor head laceration, police said. He was taken to Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Police said it will take hours to get the forklift out of the water, and they believe some oil and fuel has leaked from the vehicle into the water. Crews put oil pads in the water to soak up the oil.
Cranes were brought in to help remove the forklift.
The marina was closed while crews worked to get the vehicle out.
- Forklift falls into Killen marina
- Crane from Birmingham working on getting forklift out of marina
- Killen convenience store damaged by fire
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen
- Florida man dies in crash near Killen
- Killen police chief suspended without pay following Facebook comments
- Pedestrian dies after struck by three vehicles in Killen
- Randolph promotes DC Blake Killen to head coach
- Brooks High School in Killen placed on soft lockdown
- Little Mountain Marina Damaged by Storms