KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Two Florida women are accused of stealing a service dog from a 67-year-old Vietnam veteran.
Osceola County Sheriff's officials say in a news release that the victim was at Old Town near Orlando on Oct. 28 with his two Pomeranian service dogs when a woman started an altercation with him. A few minutes later, the man realized the dog, Kira, was gone.
Surveillance video shows another woman behind him unleashing the dog.
Officials say they were able to so a tip from a concerned citizen. On Wednesday, investigators obtained search warrants and arrested Jennifer Gotschall and Monique Cosser. They face grand theft charges. It's not known whether they have lawyers who could be contacted to comment on the case.
The news release says Kira has been recovered in good health.
- Florida women accused of stealing Vietnam vet's service dog
- Hartselle Vietnam veteran honors service members he saw die in Vietnam
- Neighbor unknowingly watched Florida murder suspect steal truck
- Man accused of stealing underwear, women's shoes and more from Huntsville home
- Service dog delivers puppies in airport
- Veterans get service dogs trained by prisoners
- Authorities: Florida girl dies after being attacked by dog
- Police dog given Narcan to reverse overdose in Florida
- Athens woman accused of stealing $130K from Strain & Sons Nursery
- Florence man accused of stealing from Decatur Kay Jewelers location