GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Omar Payne had the best game of his college career, finishing with 19 points and 11 rebounds, and led Florida to a 69-47 victory over No. 4 Auburn on Saturday. Payne was widely considered an afterthought in Florida's highly touted recruiting class. The freshman looked like a future lottery pick against the Tigers. He dominated the paint by scoring on tip-ins, putbacks and layups. His three-point play put Florida up 14 with a little more than 4 minutes to play. The Tigers have lost two in a row since starting 15-0. Danjel Purifoy led Auburn with 10 points.
The final score Florida 69, Auburn 47.
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 3:36 PM
- Florida tops No. 4 Auburn to hand Tigers second loss of the season
- Auburn fans not going home after Tigers' loss to Virginia
- Auburn Tigers have new voice
- Auburn fans love to travel with their Tigers
- Tigers to play Columbus State, Auburn Montgomery in fall exhibitions
- Auburn wins!
- Auburn extends Butch Thompson through 2024 season
- Auburn, Tennessee preps for season finale
- Auburn first reactions to the loss against Virginia
- Auburn fans still proud after heartbreaking loss in Final Four
Scroll for more content...