HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Florida has taken home the Southeastern Conference player of the year, pitcher of the year and coach of the year awards.
The SEC announced Monday that Florida third baseman Jonathan India is player of the year and right-hander Brady Singer is pitcher of the year. Florida's Kevin O'Sullivan was named coach of the year after leading the Gators to a 41-15 record.
Florida is the No. 1 seed in the SEC Tournament that starts Tuesday in Hoover, Alabama.
India leads the SEC in slugging percentage (.730), on-base percentage (.506) and walks (45). He is batting .365 with 16 homers. Singer owns a 10-1 record and 2.25 ERA.
Arkansas' Heston Kjerstad was named SEC freshman of the year. Georgia's Keegan McGovern and Tennessee's Nico Mascia are co-scholar athletes of the year.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Florida takes SEC player, pitcher, coach of the year awards
- Kerryon Johnson takes home second SEC award
- Kerryon Johnson named AP's SEC offensive player of the year
- SEC Media Days player reps announced
- Coach Left Lifelong Impact on Players
- Florida hires Dan Mullen as Head Coach
- Alabama, Auburn land handful of players on All-SEC teams
- Former SEC coach Gene Chizik is back in Auburn
- Florida's win over Auburn wasn't just big for the players
- Fayetteville High School football coach remembers player killed in crash