Two women from Florence died in a high-speed crash in Roanoke County, Virginia, WSET-TV reported.
The station identified the victims as 61-year-old Emma Beckwith and 58-year-old Wanda Alexander.
Investigators said an Acura traveling at a high rate of speed hit a guard rail along I-81, spun out, and hit an SUV causing it to overturn. The Acura then flipped several times and landed in a bank of trees.
The driver and front passenger in the SUV were both wearing their seatbelts and were taken to the hospital for their injuries. The two Florence women in the backseat were not wearing their seatbelts, were ejected from the SUV, and died at the scene.
According to WSET, investigators in the crash will determine if police should file charges against the 65-year-old drive of the Acura.
- Florence women killed in Virginia crash
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen
- Man killed in Florence wreck
- Florence man killed in Friday night wreck
- Man killed in Florence motorcycle wreck identified
- Florence man dies in Franklin County crash
- Boston gangster James 'Whitey' Bulger killed in West Virginia prison
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Athens man killed in crash
- Police: No serious injuries in fiery Florence crash