Florence Police are releasing new information about a deadly shooting that happened over the weekend.
Police say at 2:40 Sunday morning, a patrol unit heard gunshots coming from the area of Westmorland and Long Lane. As officers arrived on the scene, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound laying in the street. He is now identified as 42-year-old Patton Shipley of Florence. Police say he was pronounce dead upon arrival to the hospital.
A second victim, 42-year-old Howard Watkins, was also shot and taken to the hospital in a private vehicle before officers arrived on the scene.
Watkins was taken to Huntsville Hospital for treatment of his injuries. His current condition is unknown.
Police say they have interviewed several people in the investigation but they have all been released.
Right now, police are asking for help with identifying a suspect and are asking if anyone has information to contact FPD Detective Bureau at (256) 768-2764 or text a tip to 274637 using keyword “FPDTIP”, plus the message.
- Florence shooting victims identified, no arrests made
- Waffle House shooting victims identified
- Florence police: Sheffield man identified as victim in Wednesday murder
- Victim, suspect identified in Opry Mills shooting
- Victims identified in fatal Limestone County shooting
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Fourth arrest made in deadly Huntsville shooting
- Arrest made in Huntsville gas station shooting
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim