Photo Gallery 2 Images
A chef from a Florence restaurant is the winner of this year’s Alabama Seafood Cook-off.
Chef Ramon Jacobsen of Odette in Florence won along with sous chef Josh Quick. The winning dish was Gulf Snapper Escabeche & Kalamata Olive Causa.
The cook-off took place Wednesday in Bayou La Batre, AL.
Jacobsen will represent the state of Alabama at the 16th annual Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans in August. He also is an automatic qualifier for the 2019 World Food Championships in Dallas in October.
- Florence restaurant chef wins Alabama Seafood Cook-off
- Chef from Florence restaurant competing in Alabama Seafood Cook-off
- Fazoli's looks to add new Alabama restaurants
- Old Navy, restaurants, more open in Florence this month
- US kids aren't eating enough seafood, study says; here's how to add more
- Pizza restaurant, taproom looks to expand to Alabama
- Overdose odds: Should Alabama restaurants, bars supply Narcan?
- Alabama Securities Commission warns of Florence-related scams
- Huntsville, Florence hotels named among the best in Alabama
- Florence educator named Alabama's Teacher of the Year