Photo Gallery 1 Images
It's unclear when a Florence police lieutenant will return to work after he arrested over the weekend for drinking and driving.
Florence Police Lt. Jeff Redcross was arrested in Town Creek and charged with driving under the influence Saturday night. He was taken to the Lawrence County Jail, where he bonded out later.
Florence police told WAAY 31 prior to Redcross' DUI charge, he was already on paid administrative leave for an internal matter. Police said since it's an internal matter, they cannot release details on why he was placed on paid leave.
We know Redcross has been a Florence police officer for 25 years, and he was promoted to lieutenant in 2018.
Florence police say he will not be at work until his due process on the DUI charge has run its course. In the meantime, they will be doing an internal review. We are still working on getting his DUI arrest report from Town Creek police.
We have filed an open records request with the city to find out why Redcross was previously on leave, and we are waiting for those documents.
In 2013, Redcross was the recipient of the life saver award after he talked a suicidal man off of Wilson Dam.
- Florence police lieutenant arrested for DUI in Lawrence County
- 19 arrested in Lawrence County drug operation
- Shooting reported in Lawrence County
- Lawrence County elects new sheriff
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Florence Police arrest man for vandalizing billboard
- Florence police arrest liquor store robbery suspect
- Lawrence County deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Robbery suspect wanted in Lawrence County arrested in Georgia.
- Lawrence County sheriff arrests 2 on drug trafficking, pot charges