Florence authorities say they have received a witness statement about an employee-resident interaction that appeared to be sexual in nature.
Police are looking into the reported interaction at Mitchell-Hollingsworth Nursing & Rehabilitation Center after receiving the statement Thursday night.
The nursing home says it has suspended the employee in question pending an investigation, saying the safety and well-being of its residents comes first.
Police have yet to announce any criminal charges at this time.
- Florence police investigating reported 'sexual interaction' at nursing home
- Florence police locate man reported missing
- Florence police investigate armed robbery at business
- Florence Police investigating deadly shooting Saturday
- Florence police charge Killen man with sexually abusing a child
- Florence pastor charged with sexual abuse
- Interactive dining experience comes to Nashville
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Florence police: 19-year-old man reported missing found safe