Florence police say a man is behind bars and charged with murder in the death of a woman Sunday night on Magnolia Street.
Police said Judy Staten, 38, was found dead at a home on South Magnolia Street just before midnight, Florence police said Monday afternoon.
Authorities have charged Eric Bailey, 49, of Florence with murder as a result. Florence police say "a late break" in the case helped pin Bailey to the crime.
Police said around 11:36 p.m. they responded to a welfare check call on a man on North Franklin Street in east Florence. When they found the man, he told them something had happened at a home on South Magnolia Street.
Police said they went to the home and found Stater's body. She appeared to have been shot once, they said.
Police say they received help from witnesses and citizens who came forward with information.
Authorities plan to reveal new details in the case Tuesday morning.
- Man charged with murder in death of Florence woman
- Florence man charged with choking woman
- Man arrested in Florence murder
- Man arrested for Florence murder
- Florence police charge man with attempted murder after fight
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Woman charged with attacking Florence police
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Huntsville woman charged with murder in August death
- Huntsville police charge man with murder in Meridianville man's death