The Florence Police Department has charged a Killen man with sexually abusing a child.
Dante Dewayne Conley, 20, was arrested Tuesday and charged with sexual abuse of a child under 12.
Florence police got a sexual abuse call with a juvenile victim at Cherry Hill Homes on Aug. 31, said Sgt. Greg Cobb, police spokesman.
Conley was identified as the perpetrator.
Florence police investigators said the victim’s mother said the victim met Conley through a friend and the two began communicating on social media.
Police believe while the mother was at work the two met up and that’s when the sexual abuse occurred.
The victim’s mother said her child was acting emotional and she began questioning her. That’s when she went through her phone and found the messages.
Police said the mother pretended to be the victim and messaged Conley.
A warrant for Conley's home on County Road 396 was executed Tuesday.
He is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
- Florence police charge Killen man with sexually abusing a child
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Florence pastor charged with sexual abuse
- Florence men, Killen woman charged in home burglary
- Huntsville police charge man with sexual abuse of a child
- Man charged with attempted rape, sexual abuse of child
- Madison County sheriff charges man with child sexual abuse
- Forklift falls into Killen marina