A Muscle Shoals woman is behind bars after law enforcement officials say she forged checks.
St. Gregory Cobb, Florence Police Department spokesman, said police on Sunday discovered Maria Okelley, 44, had warrants out from the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office. He said she is charged with four counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument and one count of third-degree theft of property.
Cobb said the charges stem from the accusation that Okelley passed four known stolen checks. The financial loss was about $1,100, he said.
Okelley is in the Lauderdale County Detention Center with a $7,500 bond.
- Florence police arrest Muscle Shoals woman on forged check charges
- Leighton woman charged with passing forged checks
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Police: Woman stole vehicles from Muscle Shoals apartment complex
- Man arrested after forging three checks
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting