A Florence man is behind bars after police say they caught him with stolen items in his pants.
About 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, Florence Police Department Officer Ladrecus Smith was walking into a Wal-Mart as William Alexander King was exiting, said Sgt. Greg Cobb, police spokesman.
Smith noticed King had items stuffed in his pants, so he told him to stop. King took off running but was caught and arrested.
He has been charged with burglary, theft of property, fleeing or attempting to elude, resisting arrest, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
He is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on $5,500 bond.
- Florence police: Eagle-eyed officer catches stolen items stuffed in man’s pants
- Florence man caught after trying to sell stolen items on social media
- Madison County Sheriff's Office locates stolen items, arrests two men
- Stuff the barrel with stuffing
- Huntsville Police use website to locate stolen items
- Historic home catches fire in Florence
- Florence police officer comforts small child
- Florence police recover Jeep stolen from Georgia, arrest 3
- Community helps East Limestone band replace stolen items
- Huntsville police: 4 arrests, $100,000 of stolen items found in suspected multi-state crime ring