Two men from Florence are facing drug trafficking charges after a traffic stop turned up methamphetamine and heroin in their vehicle, Lawrence County authorities said.
Gregory Lee Riley, 47, and Dale Alan Kujath, 49, both of Florence, were arrested on Alabama Highway 157 just south of Moulton.
Lawrence County Sheriff Gene Mitchell said his deputies and Moulton police were conducting a joint traffic detail and pulled over Riley's vehicle for a simple traffic violation. A K-9 unit indicated drugs were in the vehicle, and authorities searched the vehicle, Mitchell said.
The vehicle search turned up a large amount of heroin hidden in an interior panel, as well as some methamphetamine in the vehicle, Mitchell said.
At the time of their arrests, Mitchell said Colbert and Lauderdale county authorities were investigating complaints of Riley and Kujath distributing heroin in the Shoals.
Both men were charged with drug trafficking, drug possession and drug paraphernalia possession. They were booked into the Lawrence County Jail on $55,000 bond each.
- Florence men facing felony meth, heroin charges
- Heroin, pills found at home in Florence
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- New Hope man facing federal meth charges
- Albertville man faces federal heroin and gun charges
- Four facing charges for Florence break-in
- Men charged with trafficking meth through NW Alabama
- Decatur women charged with heroin trafficking
- Two men jailed in meth trafficking investigation
- End Heroin HSV Walk