A Florence man who was charged with capital murder for a 2015 double shooting pleaded guilty to lesser charges Monday.
Steven Chase Stanfield, 31, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder in Lauderdale County Circuit Court, according to court documents.
As a result, Stanfield was sentenced to two 25-year sentences, which will run concurrently.
Stanfield pleaded guilty to killing Marguerite Garcia and Michael Linville at a home in September 2015.
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Man arrested in Florence murder
- Man arrested for Florence murder
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charge in murder case
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- Florence man found not guilty in rape case
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Man charged in Salvation Army worker death pleads not guilty
- Huntsville man pleads guilty in federal child sex trafficking case