UPDATE: Florence police say just before 1 a.m. Thursday, officers tried to stop a reckless motorcycle in the downtown area. They say the driver refused to stop and kept driving across O’Neal Bridge.
According to police, the motorcycle hit a guard rail on Hatch Boulevard near the Alabama State Trooper Post.
According to state troopers, a Florence man was killed in a wreck Thursday morning.
It happened on Hatch Boulevard in Sheffield.
State troopers said 32-year-old Tab Waddell lost control of his motorcycle around 12:30 a.m. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- Police: Florence man killed after leading officers on chase, hitting guard rail
- Man killed in Florence wreck
- Huntsville officer injured after robbery leads to police chase
- Burglary suspects lead police on chase
- Decatur Police arrest man for passing fake $20s, stealing a car, leading officers on a chase
- Decatur police: Man arrested for drug charges after leading officers on chase
- Florence police officer comforts small child
- Florence man killed in Friday night wreck
- Man killed in Florence motorcycle wreck identified
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen