UPDATE: (10:58 p.m.) The Lauderdale County Coroner George Tucker says Rochester and another person were riding motorcycles and had stopped on the side of the road, when they were hit by a vehicle that was traveling on County Road 139.
Tucker says Rochester was taken to the Alabama Department of Forensics in Huntsville for autopsy, and the second motorcyclist was taken to North Alabama Medical Center by Shoals Ambulance. The driver of the other vehicle was not injured, according to the coroner.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) says a Florence man is dead after a vehicle versus pedestrian crash at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
ALEA says Terrell Rochester, 64, was killed when he was hit by a pickup truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene on Lauderdale County Road 139, about 8 miles north of Florence.
Alabama State Troopers are investigating.
- Florence man dead after vehicle versus pedestrian crash in Lauderdale Co.
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Officers to patrol Florence-Lauderdale Public Library
- Florence, Lauderdale seek flood-damaged residents
- Florence man arrested for multiple vehicle burglaries
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in north Huntsville
- Florence, Lauderdale County leaders break ground on new animal shelter
- New Florence Lauderdale Animal Shelter on track despite rain
- Florence-Lauderdale Animal Shelter giving away free dog houses
- Florence-Lauderdale County Animal Shelter open to the public