A Florence man faces multiple domestic violence charges, as well as kidnapping, after police said he locked himself in a home with the victim's child.
Officers responding to a domestic dispute call April 29 at apartments on Chisholm Road said they saw Brandon M. Spann, 25, on a balcony holding a child. He went inside and locked himself inside with the childm who he is not related to, police said.
Spann left the apartment through the back before police got into the apartment and left the child unharmed, according to police.
The child's mother, who was in the parking lot when police arrived, told police Spann hit her in the face and choked her during an argument. She was taken to an area hospital, where she was treated and released.
Florence police said they found Spann at Walmart on Hough Road Tuesday after a citizen called in his location. Spann ran from the area and was found at Pet Depot on Seville Street, where he was arrested without anyone being hurt, police said.
Spann was charged with domestic violence strangulation, second-degree kidnapping, domestic violence menacing, third-degree domestic violence assault and reckless endangerment.
At last check, Spann was being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on $33,000 bond.
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Florence police charge man in burglary, domestic violence
- Decatur man charged in domestic violence stabbing
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Florence police looking for man wanted on domestic violence warrants
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Florence police: Man’s fight with girlfriend ends in domestic violence charges, jail
- Florence Police arrest state trooper for domestic violence
- Huntsville police: Man stabbed, then charged with domestic violence
- Hartselle police: Man charged with domestic violence for choking victim