Steven Burge is accused of forcefully raping and sexually abusing his 20 year old female victim.
According to the Florence Police Department, the rape happened last May at an apartment in the 200 block of North Pine Street in Florence.
Police said Burge and the victim knew each other through mutual friends when the rape happened.
At this time, Burge has been charged with first degree rape and first degree sexual abuse, and he is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center.
His bond is set at $100,000 for the above charges.
According to police, Burge was already being held on a $12,000 bond for previous, unrelated charges. That brings his total bond to $112,000.
- Florence man arrested on rape charges
- Florence man arrested on charge of raping a minor
- Florence man arrested on theft, forgery charges
- Man arrested in Florence murder
- Man arrested for Florence murder
- Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges
- Florence man found not guilty in rape case
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Florence man charged with child abuse