Police in Florence want your help finding a vandal who mocked president Trump, and what was written could be considered hate speech.
On this billboard on Tennessee Street and Florence Boulevard, you can see someone painted a caricature of the president, wrote the words "DACA, "ILLEGALS" and MISSED THE CURVE". We blurred out the expletive written in Spanish.
The owner of the billboard asked we don't identify them because it's not involved in the crime. But police have a strong message for the criminal.
"It sends a negative message to visitirs when you see graffiti up everywhere you kind of think of a trashy area. No matter how pretty or artistic the work is, you still think of it in a negative light," Sargeant Greg Cobb told WAAY 31.
The billboard has already been taken down. Police told us painting negative comments or pictures about someone can be considered a hate crime.
- Florence graffiti artist strikes again
- Florence students work with international recording artist on new album
- Huntsville community pool vandalized with homophobic graffiti
- Boaz Police looking for graffiti vandalism suspect
- 4 students charged with hate crime over racist graffiti
- ULA workers end strike
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Gas station owner: 'It doesn't bother me' having KKK graffiti in station bathroom
- A polar bear was spray-painted with graffiti. Experts fear it won't survive
- Card skimmer scams strike Huntsville