The Florence Police Department has identified the man found in the Tennessee River as 51-year-old Walter J. Bailey.
The investigation into his death is still under investigation.
Florence Police said they don't suspect foul play.
Florence Police are investigating a death after they identified a male body that was found in the Tennessee River Thursday night.
Florence Police made a post on their Facebook page asking for people to help identify the man.
The post described the body as a white male about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and wearing glasses.
Police also told WAAY 31 he is a 30 to 50 year old man and he had a bandage on his right leg going from the middle of his calf to his toes.
Officials said they received a call around 6 p.m. Thursday, saying a fisherman at McFarland Park saw a body floating in the water.
Marine police and Florence Police Department then responded and recovered the body.
Officials said this is an ongoing death investigation and they will release more information when they can.
- Florence Police release name of man found dead in Tennessee River
- Florence police: Help identify body found floating in Tennessee River
- Florence man charged in Tennessee police pursuit
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- Florence murder suspects extradited from Tennessee
- Florence police: 19-year-old man reported missing found safe
- Man's body found at Florence home
- Tennessee boyfriend charged after woman, mother found dead in home
- Dead woman found in car after Tennessee officer-involved shooting
- Tennessee River in Florence below flood stage for the first time in weeks