Florence Police arrested Michael Vernon, 32, on Wednesday and charged him with two misdemeanor counts of third degree domestic violence.
Police told WAAY 31, it's the department's protocol to not give out information on misdemeanor offenses. WAAY 31 then reached out to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency to confirm that Vernon is a state trooper.
"ALEA confirms Michael Vernon is a trooper, who currently is on mandatory administrative leave. Contact the State Personnel Department for anything further," said Robyn Bryan, ALEA Public Information officer.
It's unclear if Vernon was on mandatory administrative leave prior to his domestic violence charges. Vernon was taken to the Lauderdale County Detention Center and has a $2,000 bond.
As of Thursday, he was still in jail. WAAY 31 is working to learn if he has made bond at this time.
- Florence Police arrest state trooper for domestic violence
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Florence police charge man in burglary, domestic violence
- Florence police looking for man wanted on domestic violence warrants
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Domestic violence suspect arrested by Huntsville Police after search
- Florence police: Man’s fight with girlfriend ends in domestic violence charges, jail
- I-Team: State trooper arrested for violating protection from abuse order, Florence Police say
- Madison County reserve deputy arrested on domestic violence charge