Photo Gallery 1 Images
Florence City Schools was notified on Wednesday that a freshman athlete tested positive for coronavirus.
The district says the student tested positive during a routine pre-surgical screening at a doctor’s office. A statement provided on Thursday says the student was asymptomatic and is now quarantining at home.
According to the statement, the athletic department, Florence High School and the city Board of Education implemented their “COVID-19 Emergency Action Plan” for student-athletes. It says parents of athletes exposed to the student with coronavirus have been notified and equipment is being sanitized.
The district says the following safety measures are also in place:
- Pre-screening procedures (recorded temperatures daily, pre-workout screening questions)
- Social distancing and outside activities
- Facial coverings required and provided for athletes and staff
- Sanitizing all training equipment, doors, and high traffic areas
- Plan for suspected, diagnosed, and/or multiple diagnosed COVID-19 individuals