The Florence City Council voted Tuesday night to approve a one-cent sales tax increase.
The council aims to use the money generated by the tax to increase the pay of police and firefighters as well as fund other projects and renovations throughout the city.
The tax is expected to generate $9 million for the city.
- Florence City Council OKs tax increase to hike police, fire pay
- Florence City Council to possibly vote on sales tax increase
- Madison City Council approves property tax increase
- Huntsville City Council OKs new downtown hotel
- Florence City Council to vote on 3% electric rate increase
- Guntersville City Council approves one cent sales tax increase
- Huntsville, Decatur, Florence among cities to get more Alabama gas tax hike funds
- South Carolina city council OKs slavery apology resolution
- Guntersville City Council pushes back date to vote on sales tax hike
- Guntersville City Council set to decide on possible sales tax hike
Scroll for more content...