The Florence Police Department charged 24-year-old Chance Crossett with theft, burglary and possession of a firearm.
They found Crossett when responding to an unoccupied suspicious vehicle near Brookdale Assisted Living. They soon came in contact with Crossett who had a firearm on him, which was stolen in one of the burglaries.
After a search warrant of Crossett's home in Tuscumbia, police found more evidence that tied Crossett to burglaries in Florence, Lauderdale County, Colbert County, Muscle Shoals and Tuscumbia. They also found more stolen firearms.
Crossett is in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $5,500 bond. He has additional charges that are pending.
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Florence home burglarized; suspect in custody
- Florence police looking for burglars from weekend spree
- Man arrested in Florence murder
- Man arrested for Florence murder
- Colbert school board office burglarized
- Man arrested after storage units burglarized in Limestone Co.
- Florence Police arrest man for vandalizing billboard
- Florence shooting victims identified, no arrests made
- Florence man arrested on theft, forgery charges