Photo Gallery 1 Images
Valley Grove Baptist Church on old Highway 20 and Morgan Road almost had water in it on Wednesday.
Heavy rains caused the church parking lot to flood for about three hours. The water almost go into the church. Pastor Greg Beasley and others went to the city of Muscle Shoals and go sandbags to put around the church.
"We're definitely in a hurry. I talked with the EMA director a few moments ago storms are firing up in Mississippi so we have about two hours before it starts up again on us," said Beasley.
Fortunately, the water began to go down before more rain fall hit Wednesday night.
- Floodwaters almost get into Shoals Church
- Shoals family's home damaged by floodwaters
- Shoals family starts clean-up after floodwaters destroy home
- Floodwater pushes past manhole covers
- Shoals church feeds hundreds for Thanksgiving
- Floodwaters shut down Colbert County bridge
- Floodwaters receding at McFarland Park in Florence
- Clean-up underway in Colbert County as floodwaters recede
- Tuscumbia couple recovering after floodwaters ruined their restaurant
- New home damaged by floodwaters in Colbert Co.