Officials say about 100 people have been evacuated from the Nathan Estates neighborhood in Muscle Shoals so far today.
Jennifer Smith is now dealing with her flooded business.
"Inside is flooded. We have a lot of merchandise floating around. This all happened within a matter of 45 minutes," she said. "We were told that a pump with the city stopped working and there was no time to get things up off the ground."
East Howard Street in Sheffield
Nathan Estates in Muscle Shoals on Feb. 23, 2019
According to the Emergency Managment Agency in Colbert County, homes flooded on Jackson Ave. and Hatch Blvd. in Sheffield. Crews are helping homeowners evacuate.
In Muscle Shoals, Roosevelt Ave. is completely underwater and crews are helping several homeowners evacuate.
More people have been evacuated from their homes in the Nathan Estates neighborhood on Saturday. On Friday, a few homeowners were evacuated from their homes in Nathan Estates. Sandbags were placed around homes there and Humvees were used to get people to school and work. A shelter was open at Gattman Park for flood evacuees.
Officials said a sink hole has developed at 3rd Street and 4th Street in Sheffield.
A section of Frankfort Road known as Wheeler Mountain is closed due to an earth slide.
- Flooding causes evacuations in Colbert County
- Update: Colbert County evacuates residents from flooded neighborhood
- Colbert County opens pet-friendly shelter for flooding evacuees
- At least 109 homes in Colbert County have flood damage
- Colbert County flood victims won't get federal assistance
- Colbert County summer school program
- Muscle Shoals homes evacuated due to flooding
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Colbert County Schools introduce new education foundation
- Man killed in Colbert County crash