Researchers at Harvard discovered that if you complete a few simple steps every day you can at least a decade to your life expectancy.
The five steps that can add years on your life are:
1. Don't Smoke.
2. Eat a healthy diet.
3. Exercise every day for a half hour.
4. Drink Moderately.
5. Maintain a normal weight.
The research confirmed that the more healthy behavior you can do, the greater the change in life expectancy.
These healthy habits added an additional 12 years for men--and 14 years for women.
Right now the United States ranks 31st in the world for life expectancy.
- Five secrets to living a decade longer
- Sleep in this weekend -- you might live longer
- SpaceX launches secretive Zuma spacecraft
- Just 4,400 steps a day tied to women living longer, study says
- Want to live longer? You may want to ditch these drinks
- Florida red tide deadliest in decades
- Allergy season getting worse, lasting longer
- Animal tethering no longer allowed in Huntsville
- Tennessee no longer pursuing Greg Schiano for Head Coach