The U.S. Department of Education recognized five Alabama schools today as 2018 National Blue Ribbon Schools.
The schools are Arab Elementary School, Athens Elementary School, Liberty Park Middle School, Mountain Brook Elementary School and Rock Quarry Elementary School. They will be celebrated by the U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education in an awards ceremony in Washington D.C. on November 7 and 8.
Some of the qualities that were considered among the nominated schools were student scores, subgroup student scores and graduation rates. Nominations came from the top education official in the state.
- Five AL schools recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- Decatur school crossing guards recognized for retirement
- Health officials recognize vaping as a problem in schools
- Madison City School creates prototype for Blue Origin rocket
- School districts prepare for "National Walkout Day"
- Colbert County Schools get national attention for unique marketing class
- Elkmont students hold alternative to national school violence walkout
- Monrovia Middle School scholars' bowl team places in national competition
- New study: Alabama school system 8th worst in the nation
- New Madison Public Library opening celebrated with a ribbon cutting