TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - National champion Alabama is losing four more underclassmen to the NFL draft, including All-America safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick, safety Ronnie Harrison and tailback Bo Scarbrough announced Thursday they're skipping their senior seasons. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban says defensive tackle Da'Ron Payne is also entering the draft.
Wide receiver Calvin Ridley already had announced his departure.
Fitzpatrick is a unanimous All-American who won the Bednarik Award and Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive player and defensive back, respectively.
Harrison led the team in tackles and had three interceptions. Payne was a key run-stopper in the middle and also had an interception and touchdown catch in the semifinal win over Clemson. Scarbrough ran for 596 yards and eight touchdowns. Leading rusher Damien Harris is also eligible for the draft.
More AP college football: http://collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/11/2018 1:35:25 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Fitzpatrick among 5 Alabama underclassmen entering NFL draft
- Dolphins draft Alabama safety Fitzpatrick in 1st round
- Two more Bama players announce they're entering NFL Draft
- Minkah, Rashaan talk NFL Draft
- Nashville to host 2019 NFL draft
- Darius Slayton declares for NFL Draft
- Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Jewell among 5 Nagurski Trophy finalists
- Cincinnati Bengals pick Alabama's Jonah Williams in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- New York Jets select Alabama's Quinnen Williams as third overall pick in 2019 NFL Draft
- Oakland Raiders pick Alabama's Josh Jacobs in first round of 2019 NFL Draft