An investigation is underway into a fish kill in Jackson County.
WAAY 31 stopped by Crow Creek, north of Scottsboro, on Tuesday and found about seven dead fish. Emergency management says the investigation started on Monday when someone reported a large amount of dead fish.
Right now, we know state environmentalists and the Tennessee Valley Authority are helping in the investigation. They're testing oxygen, pH and other levels.
We'll let you know when we find out what killed the fish.
- Fish kill investigation underway in Jackson County
- Groundwork for new Google data center in Jackson County underway
- Police investigate stabbing incident in Jackson County
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash
- Friends remember boy killed in Jackson County ATV accident
- Jackson County man accused of killing his wife
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- One person dead, investigation underway in Huntsville