An investigation is underway into a fish kill in Jackson County.
WAAY 31 stopped by Crow Creek, north of Scottsboro, on Tuesday and found about seven dead fish. Emergency management says the investigation started on Monday when someone reported a large amount of dead fish.
Right now, we know state environmentalists and the Tennessee Valley Authority are helping in the investigation. They're testing oxygen, pH and other levels.
We'll let you know when we find out what killed the fish.
- Fish kill investigation underway in Jackson County
- Groundwork for new Google data center in Jackson County underway
- Search underway for escaped Jackson County jail inmate
- Police investigate stabbing incident in Jackson County
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Woman killed in Jackson County rollover wreck
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- 1 person killed in Huntsville shooting, investigation underway
- Sheriff: Investigation underway after Limestone County Jail inmate dies
- Arson investigation underway after 'suspicious fire' in Morgan County