On Friday, the first retail partner for the Town Madison development project broke ground on a 15,000 square foot building. Duluth Trading Company will make Madison home to the first store location in the entire state.
This is part of a 563 acre community development project that will be home to new retail, restaurants, apartments and office spaces in Madison. Duluth Trading Company will bring new job opportunities to the area.
Madison's mayor, Paul Finley, says he expects more businesses to follow Duluth's path, which is expected to open its doors in the summer of 2019.
"It creates a snowball effect. It's the first piece of a big puzzle. It started with baseball coming to our multi-use venue and then Margaritaville. That's what starts and then you have someone of quality like Duluth," Finley said.
- First retail partner for Town Madison development project breaks ground
- Developer breaks ground on Town Madison apartments
- Developer, local leaders to break ground on hotel in Town Madison
- Officials break ground on first Town Madison hotel
- $27M development project coming to downtown Madison
- Aerojet Rocketdyne breaks ground on first massive Huntsville expansion project
- New town homes project met with opposition in Madison
- Town Madison Cooperative District approves additional funding for Town Madison
- Breland Companies partners with WOW! to bring internet services to Town Madison
- New housing and retail development set to reshape south Huntsville