Huntsville has officially opened its first cycle track downtown.
The track is located on Spragins Street, and it is only 1,000 feet in length. This first track is a pilot project and part of the city's master plan.
The new cycle track cost the city approximately $250,000 and was a part of the resurfacing project for Spragins Street.
The track has a dedicated bike lane and marked curbs with big green stripes.
The idea of the track, according to officials, is to provide safe connections to many of the city's public spaces.
City officials said this is a pilot project to help determine if cycle tracks could be used in other areas of the city.
- First cycle track opens in downtown Huntsville
- Menstrual cycle tracking will be added to the Apple Watch
- Cycle the South Hope Ride Stops in Huntsville
- Huntsville counselors work to break cycle of domestic violence
- New hotel slated to open in Downtown Huntsville
- New hotel in Downtown Huntsville celebrates grand opening
- Businesses happy Church Street in downtown Huntsville is now open
- Local cycling teams compete in national race
- 3 new restaurants coming to downtown Huntsville
- Expect detours in downtown Huntsville March 27