Huntsville firefighters responded to a fire at a home near the medical district around noon Monday.
The fire happened at a home near the intersection of California Street and Marsheutz Avenue sent smoke billowing into the sky.
Huntsville Fire Department spokesman Capt. Frank McKenzie said one man was sent to the hospital that was in the building at the time of the fire, but he didn't appear to have any serious injuries.
Five units from the Huntsville Fire Department were sent to the scene. The building had significant damage, according to McKenzie.
One lane of California Street near Marsheutz was blocked by emergency vehicles that responded.
There was no immediate word of how the fire may have started.
- Firefighters respond to fire in Huntsville neighborhood
- Huntsville firefighters respond to fire on carport
- Firefighters respond to Huntsville house fire
- Huntsville firefighters respond to vacant house fire
- Firefighters respond to fire on Wells Avenue in Huntsville
- Fire breaks out in South Huntsville neighborhood
- Huntsville neighborhoods experience pothole problems
- Firefighters respond to Monday morning house fire
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Huntsville Fire responds to early morning fire