The Fort Payne Fire Department was at it again today after a third fire in three days broke out at Gametime, a playground equipment manufacturing company. The company is located in Dekalb county off of Gault avenue.
Fire crews say the fire started on a concrete lot right next to the building that held playground equipment ready to be shipped out. Officials say they're not sure what caused the fire at this time.
The fire department has had a difficult last few days, with limited staff and working in very hot conditions.
"It'll drain you. It drains the officers in charge and it drains the men doing the fire-fighting task because it's so hot plus your gear," Lieutenant Josh Jennings said. "It's extremely tiring for these guys."
After battling two fires at the same time Monday night, the Fort Payne Fire Department received a call at 10:20 Wednesday morning about yet another fire.
"...The heat and getting our additional man power there was our biggest task," Jennings said.
The fire department told WAAY31 that three fires in three days is a rarity, but they are always prepared for the challenge.
All three fires are under investigation and there is no word on if they are connected. There were no injuries in any of the fires.
- Fire near Gametime in Fort Payne under investigation
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne woman killed in crash
- Fort Payne man charged with arson
- Fort Payne man dies in motorcycle crash
- Fort Payne dogs are being shot with crossbow