Photo Gallery 1 Images
A home on Cherry Drive in Madison County was destroyed in a Wednesday fire.
Three people were displaced, but no injuries have been reported. The fire spread and damaged part of a neighboring home.
Multiple fire departments responded, including Meridianville, Toney, Moores Mill, Hazel Green and Bobo.
Heath Jones, Toney Fire Department president, said the fire call came in about 12:10 p.m. He said the smoke was visible from miles away, and the roof collapsed about 30 minutes into the operation.
"Nothing like the house did before, it's completely demolished as you can tell. It's a sight I've never seen before honestly," Zachary Drake, who saw the house fire, said.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office's Arson Investigation Unit will be at the scene on Friday. Fire crews will monitor hotspots on Wednesday and Thursday. They are concerned about rekindling because of the fire's magnitude.
"Normally can't get all of the hotspots out, especially when it collapses like it does. It traps everything under it, so it's hard to get everything out, but we will monitor it the next couple days," Steve Watson, the Hazel Green fire chief, said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The American Red Cross is helping the people who were displaced.
- Fire displaces three from Madison County home
- Kitchen fire displaces Madison County family
- Dryer fire damages home, displaces family
- Fire displaces New Hope veteran, destroys home
- Residents displaced, dog dies in Madison apartment fire
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Early morning fire damages Madison County home
- Home a total loss, 4 displaced after Toney house fire
- Huntsville family displaced after stove fire damages their home
- Four displaced after fire destroys home in Tanner