If you have a live Christmas tree the Huntsville Fire Department suggests recycling it as soon as possible. Depending on when the tree was cut down, it's likely very dry right now. That is the case even if you've been watering it.
A dry tree can easily lead to a fire. Even just excess heat from lights on the tree can cause a fire. The fire department said Christmas tree fires are statistically more deadly than other house fires.
- Fire department suggests swift action for Christmas trees
- Huntsville Police dedicate Christmas tree to fallen officers in department
- Christmas tree farmers combat popularity of artificial trees
- Under the Christmas Tree Market kicks off
- Nationwide shortage of Christmas trees impacts Huntsville
- How to safely secure your Christmas tree
- Madison Police Department officer possibly saves Christmas
- Christmas tree farmers experience shortage due to 2008 recession
- WAAY 31 Poll: Live or artificial Christmas trees?
- The famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree has been chosen