Whitts Barbecue in Rogersville is closed on Friday after a fire broke out there around 10 a.m.
The pit room caught on fire, according to Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department and Rogersville police. They say it was likely a grease fire.
The fire melted the siding, causing minor damage. The main building is fine, and the restaurant is expected to be open Saturday. They plan on bringing food from their other locations, so they can still serve customers.
WAAY 31 spoke to the cook who said he's still shaken up.
"I opened my wraps because they were still pretty warm and everything when you got to pull them," said Joby Lane. "We came here and I was going to let it cool down for a minute. The next thing you know, it was engulfed. It was just that quick."