Whitts Barbecue in Rogersville is closed on Friday after a fire broke out there around 10 a.m.
The pit room caught on fire, according to Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department and Rogersville police. They say it was likely a grease fire.
The fire melted the siding, causing minor damage. The main building is fine, and the restaurant is expected to be open Saturday. They plan on bringing food from their other locations, so they can still serve customers.
WAAY 31 spoke to the cook who said he's still shaken up.
"I opened my wraps because they were still pretty warm and everything when you got to pull them," said Joby Lane. "We came here and I was going to let it cool down for a minute. The next thing you know, it was engulfed. It was just that quick."
- Fire closes Rogersville barbecue restaurant
- Florence barbecue restaurant closed after driver crashes, abandons car inside
- Rape investigation in Rogersville shuts down restaurant
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department tackles massive fire
- UPDATE: Manager of a Rogersville restaurant charged with attempted rape
- Three more abuse cases opened linked to Rogersville restaurant
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department honors 9/11 firefighters
- Man charged in Rogersville stabbing
- Fred’s closing Rogersville, Red Bay stores, holding clearance sales
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck