The First Church Community Service Center is encouraging people to sign up for their 5K Run for Homelessness and Hunger on September 9th.
Early registration is still available.
The race costs $25 per individual or $25 per team member on a team of 5 or less people.
Late registration starts August 9th, bringing the cost up to $30 per individual runner.
Organizers are giving away cash prizes to the first, second, and third place finishers.
There will also be a food packing party on September 8th, and the center does need volunteers.
The First Church Community Service Center provides food, clothing, mental health counseling, tutoring, and Bible study for those in need.
They're working to expand their services so they can help people pay their rent, car payment, or even take care of a room makeover.
The center is located behind the Rescue Mission at 1031 Putman Drive.
- Find out how to help the local homeless population
- Black bear population continues to grow in northeast Alabama
- Huge squirrel population chomps crops, driving farmers nuts
- Huntsville Special Populations Program partners with Top Golf
- Marshall County non-profit works to keep local homeless warm
- Skilled to Work: New Downtown Rescue Mission initiative aims to help homeless find employment
- Growing lionfish population threatening to crowd out the native species in Gulf waters
- US fertility rate is below level needed to replace population, study says
- Bill Cosby has been moved to a general population cell at a Pennsylvania prison
- Local Huntsville Church turns their building into a warming center for homeless