The Fayetteville Police Department says it has arrested a man who shot at officers early Tuesday morning.
About 1:25 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to a domestic disturbance call in Mayberry Courts, said Cmdr. Coby Templeton, department spokesperson.
As soon as they entered the residence, the suspect, John Adam Quarles, began firing a rifle at officers, Templeton said. Quarles then fled the scene.
One officer was injured while seeking cover. The officer was treated and released for non-serious injuries. The injury was not sustained from a gunshot.
Quarles was apprehended by 8 a.m. on West Campbell Street with the assistance of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department, Winchester Police Department, and Madison County Sheriff’s Department.
As this is an active investigation, the charges are not being released at this time, Templeton said.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates as we get them.
- Fayetteville police say suspect who shot at officers now in custody
- Fayetteville, Tennessee community on edge after man shot at police
- 3 Fayetteville police officers placed on administrative leave
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- UPDATE: 7 officers shot - one dead - in South Carolina; suspect in custody
- Auburn police officer shot near Dollar General store, suspect sought
- Fayetteville, TN police: Kidnapping suspect arrested in Alabama, victim found safe