According to the Fayetteville City Administrator Scott Collins, Fayetteville Fire Department Chief Coby Moon submitted his resignation during a meeting Thursday at 9:00 a.m. after he was on unpaid leave the last two days.
The interim captain is Jeff Smartt. The city uses a service to find personnel, and they have started looking for a new chief.
Collins said he can't release any information about the complaints against Moon yet.
Moon became the interim chief in January 2018 when the previous chief, Danny Travis, retired following a suspension. Collins said Moon became chief in May 2018.
- Fayetteville, Tennessee Fire Department Chief resigns
- Fayetteville, Tennessee Fire Department Chief suspended
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report
- Littleville Volunteer Fire Department chief resigns
- People in Fayetteville react to Fire Chief's suspension
- Federal civil rights complaint filed against Fayetteville fire chief
- Fayetteville, Tennessee community on edge after man shot at police
- Falkville police chief resigns
- Downtown apartment fire displaces two Fayetteville residents