According to Fayetteville City Administrator Scott Collins, complaints involving Fayetteville Fire Department Chief Coby Moon were brought to his attention after hours on Friday of last week.
Collins started looking into the complaints and during the course of the investigation, decided it would be best to suspend Chief Moon until Thursday. Moon was suspended with pay today and without pay on Tuesday and Wednesday. Collins handles all personnel issues for the city, so he will meet with Moon at 9 a.m. on Thursday in a closed meeting.
Moon became the interim chief in January 2018 when the previous chief, Danny Travis, retired following a suspension. Collins said Moon became chief in May 2018.
- Fayetteville, Tennessee Fire Department Chief suspended
- Fayetteville, Tennessee Fire Department Chief resigns
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report
- People in Fayetteville react to Fire Chief's suspension
- Federal civil rights complaint filed against Fayetteville fire chief
- Auburn rebounds in Fayetteville
- Fayetteville, Tennessee community on edge after man shot at police
- Downtown apartment fire displaces two Fayetteville residents
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found