A 52-year-old man, Randall Whitten, is in the hospital after authorities say his 73-year-old father, Phillip Whitten, shot him.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon at a residence near Martling Gap Road in Marshall County. Deputies responded after receiving reports of a fight and a shooting.
According to investigators, Randall lives in Crossville but drove to Marshall County to visit his father yesterday. Authorities tell us Randall assaulted and pistol whipped his father who then shot his son in the mouth.
Randall was airlifted to Huntsville Hospital, and his status is unknown at this time. Phillip was transported to Marshall Medical Center where he was treated for his injuries.
Randall is currently being held in the Marshall County Jail on a charge for Domestic Violence 2nd degree.
- Father shot his son in the mouth, authorities say
- Father and son drown off Alabama coast
- Father, son plead guilty to $27M health care scam
- Son charged with father's murder in Lauderdale County
- Authorities: Girl, 15, shot and killed while hunting in Alabama
- Alabama authorities identify teen found shot on I-65
- Authorities say man who pointed gun at deputies fatally shot
- Sheriff: Madison County son kills father, dumps body in Paint Rock River
- Father of missing 5-year-old charged with the murder of his autistic son
- Father-son duo recreate law enforment photo from 20 years before