Officers responded to a storage facility in Sacramento after receiving a report of a dead body in a storage unit.
Police confirm it was the body of 5-year-old Cali Anderson of Reno.
According to a report, a friend of the father called police after finding the decomposing body of the child inside a plastic drum.
The friend, said that Tyler Anderson called him and asked if he could store stuff inside his storage unit earlier this month.
Reno Police Department confirmed that Anderson and his wife, Averyauna Anderson
rented a vehicle which was used to transport the child's body from Reno to Sacramento.
A medical examiner said that Cali, Tyler's daughter, appeared to be malnourished and emaciated, but the cause of death is still unknown.
Sacramento and Reno police departments are both investigating the case.
According to the Reno Police Department, Cali Anderson died sometime in the last two weeks; inside of the Andersons' apartment in Reno.
A report says , Averyuana stated that Cali was experiencing health problems but did not seek medical attention for the little girl because Cali was her husband's daughter and therefore his responsibility.
Cali allegedly became unresponsive, but they did not call 911.
The Anderson's put Cali's body into a duffle bag then put the bag in a closest for seven days.
An affidavit filed by Reno Police revealed the girl had been living in deplorable conditions.
After serving a search warrant at the Andersons' apartment, investigators found an animal back to Reno.
Cali's biological mother said she is is "confused and distraught." She said, "how can someone "do that to your own child ?
Tyler Anderson was arrested in Sacramento on suspicion of manslaughter. He is currently in the Sacramento County Jail awaiting extradition to Washoe County, Nevada.
Averyauna Anderson was arrested in Washoe County and faces charges of child abuse and destroying and concealing evidence.
- Father and step-mom arrested after body of 5-year-old found in storage unit
- Huntsville storage units damaged in overnight fire
- Madison County storage unit fire under investigation
- Man arrested after storage units burglarized in Limestone Co.
- Police arrest step-father of Blossomwood student
- Limestone Co. sheriff: Ardmore man arrested after stolen historical monuments found in storage unit
- Series of burglaries at Limestone county's storage unit
- Two charged with stealing from Athens storage units
- Life South Storage fire damages 3 units in Huntsville
- Fire burns through units at Madison County storage facility